Finding the best dry shampoo for black hair is tricky since it involves a lot of hit and trial method, pick up a wrong dry shampoo and your hair can turn a lot oilier than it is. So, if you are looking for Best dry shampoo for black hair, read down below!
Theoretically speaking, washing hair every single day feels like a solid move as the cleaner the scalp, the healthier the hair is. But sadly, this is the theory as reality as entirely different, washing hair every day can cause severe damage to the hair, it not only strips the oil from the hair but it makes it weaker. Moreover, washing hair every day is unhealthy but time-consuming too; you are robbing valuable time and healthy oils from your hair. But there is an alternative, a godsend product, also known as a dry shampoo for black hair. All you need is a few sprits, and voila, your hair will be clean and give a showered look.
- How Does the Shampoo for Black Colored Hair Work?
- List of Best Dry Shampoo for Black Hair
- Best Dry Shampoo for Black Hair
- 1. AG Hair Brunette Dry Shampoo, 4.2 oz:
- 2. Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo:
- 3. Batiste Dry Shampoo Original (Clean & Classic):
- 4. Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo, Dark Tones:
- 5. Living proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo:
- 6. Dove Dry Shampoo for Oily Hair Volume and Fullness for Refreshed Hair 5 oz:
- 7. Aveeno Rose Water and Chamomile Gentle Dry Shampoo:
- Why Do You Need Dry Shampoo for Black Hair?
- How to use the dry shampoo for black hair
- How does Dry Shampoo work?
- Are Dry Shampoos for Black Hair Effective?
- Types of Formula Present in Black Hair Dry Shampoo
- Should You Buy Dry Shampoo for Black Hair?
- Dry Shampoo or Talcum Baby Powder?
How Does the Shampoo for Black Colored Hair Work?
Dry shampoo has alcohol or starch in it. The shampoo soaks up the excess oil or grease present on your scalp giving it a clean and fresh look. The shampoo is delivered to the air via an aerosol spray. The dry agents which are present in the dry shampoo cleans the hair by removing the collection of pollutant and chemicals present on the scalp giving it a fresh look.
Now let’s take a look at the best dry shampoos for black hair.
List of Best Dry Shampoo for Black Hair
Best Dry Shampoo for Black Hair
1. AG Hair Brunette Dry Shampoo, 4.2 oz:
AG Hair Brunette dry shampoo is perfect for the people who have brown or dark hair. The spray not only cleanses the scalp but also covers the roots and give it a touchup. The naturally occurred tapioca starch present in the shampoo soaks up all the excessive oil making the scalp fresh and breezy. The shampoo has Hydrolyzed silk protein that works on adding moisture and shine to hair. Furthermore, the shampoo adds texture and body to the hair, making it look fuller and manageable. If you are on a lookout for dry shampoo for African American hair, this is an excellent option as it leaves no white residues and covers up the roots.
- Volumizes the hair
- Eliminates the appearance of the thinning hair
- Makes hair more manageable and fuller
- Leaves no residue.
- Can stain the clothes
- The smell is a bit pungent.
2. Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo:
Amika perks up dry shampoo is a talc-free shampoo for black hair that absorbs all the excessive oil present on the scalp and makes it fresh. It has natural rice starch in it, which incorporates the oil and dirt while making the hair voluminous and texturized. It deodorizes and adds coolness to the hair. The shampoo has a high concentration of Omega-7, fish oil, which promotes collagen production and keeps all the free radicals away.
- It is very light on the scalp
- Contains Vitamin and Vitamin E
- Adds volume and texture to the hair
- It is tad expensive
- The smell might not suit a lot of people.
3. Batiste Dry Shampoo Original (Clean & Classic):
This revitalizing dry shampoo for black hair works on bringing the oily dull and lifeless hair back into action. Not only does it bring back life into the hair, but it also thickens thin hair and adds volume and texture. Since it’s a no-colored dry shampoo, it is best for the ones searching for a dry shampoo for black hair. The dry shampoo has a wonderful fragrance which leaves you feeling fresh throughout the day
- Has a subtle scent
- Instantly revives the oily and limp hair
- Perfect for people who need products that work on the go
- The can is very sturdy and is easy to use.
- It is very powdery, so it requires a lot of brushing
- If not appropriately sprayed, it can leave the hair heavy with a white cast.
4. Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo, Dark Tones:
This beauty can revive and refresh the hair in a jiffy, and it miraculously absorbs all the oil, junk, and odor present on the scalp without leaving any buildup. This dry shampoo has been curated while keeping all the dark hair beauties in mind, which means no white cast and no dull residue is left. It not only refreshes the hair but protects it against the UV rays. It has Argan oil, which nourishes the roots and improves the hair in the long run. The shampoo gives a silky finish to the air and maintains the hair’s dimensions and natural richness.
- Has Argan oil in it
- Protects the hair from UV damage
- Deodorizes the scalp
- Provides silky finish and natural richness to the hair
- Has left the hair chalkier (in some cases)
- Doesn’t remove the oil properly.
5. Living proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo:
The dry shampoo for black hair is made with tripe action cleaning technology, which cleanses the hair and makes it fresher and smells nice. The dry shampoo for black hair has powders that absorb all the junk and oil instantly, and the healthy hair molecule in the shampoo removes the residual powders from the hair. The dry shampoo is free of silicones, paraben, and phthalates, which means it will not damage the hair. Even the ones who have chemically treated their hair can use dry shampoo without any worries.
- The packaging of the shampoo is functional
- The application is very easy
- Leaves the hair clean within a minute
- It is free of harmful chemicals
- Makes the hair manageable
- The perfect option for people who are looking for dry shampoo for black colored hair.
- Has a very chemically smell
6. Dove Dry Shampoo for Oily Hair Volume and Fullness for Refreshed Hair 5 oz:
dove refresh plus care dry shampoo for oily black hair, as the name suggests, cleanses the hair instantly and makes it voluminous instantly. The dry shampoo is very easy to use and removes all the dirt and grim in a few minutes. If you have dark yet fine and flat hair, then this one is for you as it makes the hair look a lot fluffier and smelling sweet.
- Removes the grime and oil instantly
- Perfect for dark hair
- Leaves the hair smelling nice
- The fragrance can be overwhelming for a lot of people.
7. Aveeno Rose Water and Chamomile Gentle Dry Shampoo:
A lot of people who sensitive scalp cannot use dry shampoo as it worsens their condition, but this one right here is the one for them. The shampoo is formulated by keeping the sensitive scalp beauties in mind. It removes all the grime and oil from the scalp and adds volume to the hair because of the rose water and chamomile present in it. Aveeno is known for its farm-fresh inspired products. The shampoo is free from all sorts of dyes, sulfates, parabens, etc. the shampoo also works on soothing the scalp. The oats present in the shampoo nourishes the strands from the root to tip.
- Is gentle on the scalp
- Is free of all chemicals
- Soothes the scalp and nourishes the hair
- The smell of the shampoo can be overpowering
Why Do You Need Dry Shampoo for Black Hair?
People with fine hair or oily scalp need volume and cleaning, and dry shampoos clean the scalp and make it healthier and smelling fresh. Dry shampoos also subtly hold your hair so that your ponies and buns can stay in place.
How to use the dry shampoo for black hair
Misusing of dry shampoo is very common, either you spray too much, or you spray too little, spraying too much of dry shampoo leads to heavy powder residue and too little, doesn’t remove the build-up effectively.
- For using the dry shampoo properly, hold the bottle 6 inches away from your scalp, this will allow the spray to land evenly and cause less build-up.
- Always apply the dry shampoo in sections, pull up the hair in parts, and then spray the powder evenly.
- Make sure that the dry shampoo dies for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once you have applied the dry shampoo comb or blow-dry the hair
- Never use the dry shampoo on wet or damp hair.
How does Dry Shampoo work?
The hair follicles on the scalp grow the hair and release Sebum, which softens the scalp and gives our hair texture. Sebum’s purpose is very important, and it protects the hair and the scalp from UV rays. But sadly, due to our exposure to pollution and working out, the sweat and grime start to collect in our hair, making it look oily and dirty. A certain amount of oil build-up is okay, but if it is more, it not only makes the hair dirty, it causes harm to the scalp. Though washing, conditioning, and blow-drying, your hair seems like a good option. If done daily, it can harm the scalp and consume a lot of time. That’s when dry shampoo comes and saves our day. The dry shampoos have alcohol or starch-based ingredients in them, which once sprayed on the scalp, soak up all the oil and sweat from the hair. Once the oil and dirt are absorbed, the hair will look cleaner. Since many dry shampoos for black colored hair come with inbuilt fragrance, they make the hair smell nice in between the washes.
Are Dry Shampoos for Black Hair Effective?
The effectivity of the Dry shampoo for black hair depends upon the texture. Dry shampoo will make your hair look a lot less oily, but the belief that it has shampoo in it will clean the hair and replace the dear old shampoos is wrong, it only works as a temporary replacement. The dry shampoos disguise the grease and dirt on the scalp, and they can never be used as a replacement, as overusing of the dry shampoo can dry out the scalp and make it itchy.
Greasy hair: People with greasy hair have a lot of oil in their scalp, and dry shampoos work the best for them, the only thing that needs to be kept in mind is that you will need to wash the hair often as too much oil and dry shampoo can clog the hair follicles.
Natural hair beauties: People who have a natural scalp that is drier or normal, then you will have to look for a shampoo that is made for your hair will work, don’t just don’t look for shampoos that are made for oily or dry hair as it will do more harm than good. Also, since your hair is of dark color, look for shampoos specially made for dark hair. Otherwise, you will end up having a flaky and white texture on your scalp.
Curly-haired beauties: Dry shampoos work perfectly for curly hair people, the only thing that they need to keep in mind is that once they have applied the shampoo, they shouldn’t comb out the hair, as it will turn the hair more frizzy than it already is.
Types of Formula Present in Black Hair Dry Shampoo
Earlier, there used to be only one kind of dry shampoo used by all, but nowadays, the shampoos are formulated by keeping various types of hair colors and hair types in mind. Every shampoo has a different function. Some will add volume to the hair, some will refresh the hair while making it look cleaner, and most of them will do both. All of the shampoos stated above, clean the hair and simultaneously add volume to it. You have to decide which factor is essential while you are opting for dry shampoo:
Should You Buy Dry Shampoo for Black Hair?
Dry shampoos for black hair are available in powder and aerosol form; the function of both is the same; the only difference is the method (which is a personal preference). Some people prefer aerosol because it is easy to use and works directly and evenly. On the other hand, some people prefer powder because its wastage is less. Personally speaking, try both the forms and see which one works for you. If you don’t want to invest a lot in dry shampoo, then the drug store option is the best, because, in the end, you will get what you have paid for. The only downfall of drugstore brands is that the scents can be overpowering, and the shampoo will leave a cast on the hair. While using the drugstore shampoo, don’t spray it directly onto the parts where the white cast may look obvious. Out of the dry shampoos mentioned above, the batiste is the best drugstore shampoo available.
Dry Shampoo or Talcum Baby Powder?
Talcum powders work the same, and you can spray it on your hairline and the crown and brush it thoroughly before styling the hair. The only downfall is the hair will look matte and give wig sort of a look. You can always keep talcum powder in hand if you are traveling, or you have run out of dry shampoo, but it will definitely beat the purpose of dry shampoo.
The bottom line is that the dry shampoo for black hair will work correctly for everyone who wants their scalp to look and clean and fresh without making it undergo the tiring work of shampooing and conditioning. But! It isn’t a replacement. You need to oil, wash, and condition your hair. Wash your hair as often as you need, and don’t just don’t use dry shampoo on your hair for more than two days.
You May Also Like to Read: