Heard a lot about ph balanced shampoo but not sure how they can benefit you? Well, today, I will share some knowledge that I have gained in the past few years. When I first heard about pH balanced shampoos, I thought it was one of those fads again. Didn’t pay much heed at the start, but as I got to know more, it made sense. pH balanced shampoos are no fad; it’s real and can do wonders for your hair. They can make dry, brittle hair feel soft and stay strong. This means less hair fall. Isn’t that what you always wanted? Well, if you are troubled with the way your hair turns dry after every wash, you need to pay attention right now.
- How a pH Balanced Shampoo Works?
- What to Consider Before Buying a pH Balanced Shampoo?
- List of Best pH Balanced Shampoo
- Best pH balanced shampoos reviewed
- 1. Moisturizing Shampoo for Sensitive Skin by Tree To Tub – pH 5.5 Balanced:
- 2. Probiotic Sensitive Skin pH Balanced Organic Shampoo for Dry Hair, Dandruff & Itchy Scalp:
- 3. No-Rinse Shampoo, 16 fl oz – Leaves Hair Fresh, Clean, and Odor-Free:
- 4. Giovanni 50:50 pH Balanced Hydrating & Clarifying Lightweight Shampoo:
- 5. Whamisa Organic Seeds Sub-Acid Hair Shampoo for Dry Scalp Hair:
- 6. dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse shampoo:
- 7. Sebamed Everyday Shampoo for All Hair Types and Sensitive Scalp (pH 5.5):
- 8. Suave Professionals 2 in 1 Plus Shampoo and Conditioner:
- 9. Apple Cider Vinegar & Biotin Shampoo & Conditioner:
- 10. Medline Soothe & Cool Shampoo and Body Wash:
How a pH Balanced Shampoo Works?
A pH balancing shampoo is no magic trick. There’s solid chemistry behind this. The natural pH of hair is between 4.5 – 5.5 on the pH scale of 0-14 where anything below 7 is acidic and anything above 7 is alkaline. So, hair is acidic in nature.
When hair comes in contact with alkaline substances (like shampoos and conditioners with pH more than 7), the cuticles along the hair shaft open up and expose the sensitive interior. Your hair also loses the trapped moisture as these cuticles open up. The loss of moisture makes hair dry and dull and susceptible to breakage. On the other hand, shampoos with acidic pH levels can close the cuticles, prevent moisture loss, and keep hair flexible and damage-free.
What to Consider Before Buying a pH Balanced Shampoo?
Now that you know why a pH balancing shampoo is good for you, you would be eager to buy one. But how to choose one? Well, let me lay out some common considerations that I made while choosing neutral ph shampoo for myself:
The very first thing that I checked was the ingredient list of each shampoo available. I cannot compromise on what my shampoo contains. I like my shampoo to contain fewer chemicals. So, I selected a few products that mostly contained natural ingredients. And I think you should do the same. Fewer chemicals mean less harm.
Price is always a determining factor. Good things come at a good price, but they don’t need to be exorbitant. Choose a shampoo that has good reviews and a reasonable price tag.
When you are new to something, you would definitely want some assurance. Reviews serve the purpose. Read the reviews of shampoos you have selected and check out whether they are a good bet. You will also get to know if they are good for your hair type.
Quite like any ordinary shampoo brand, pH balanced shampoos are available in a variety of fragrance choices. Buy a fragrance that you like or maybe one without any.
pH balanced shampoos are available in a variety of bottle sizes. Initially, I chose a small bottle. I wasn’t quite sure if I would like it or not and didn’t want to waste a lot of money. If you want, you can go for a big one too.
List of Best pH Balanced Shampoo
Best pH balanced shampoos reviewed
Ever since I found out about pH balancing shampoo, I have loved it. My hair has grown softer and smoother and hair fall is a matter of distant past. Over the years, I have researched and used many products from different brands. Can’t say I liked them all, but here is a shampoo low ph list that I have reviewed and loved.
1. Moisturizing Shampoo for Sensitive Skin by Tree To Tub – pH 5.5 Balanced:
Are you tired of using a shampoo that will leave your scalp dull and dry? Well, then it’s time that you start using this particular organic shampoo from Tree to Tub. It not only makes your hair strong and shiny but also takes care of your skin. Believe me when I say this is the best low ph shampoo that you can buy. If you ask me about its scent, well it comes with a nice soothing lavender scent and does not bother you at all with strong chemical fragrances. Apart from that, this ph 5.5 shampoo contains different essential oils too which ensure healthy and strong hair after each wash. Its hydrating effect is long-lasting and does not leave any kind of chemical residue either which is one of the plus points. This particular shampoo is made out of all organic ingredients and does not include any type of gluten, silicone, sulfates, or any other harmful chemicals.
- Works great for brittle and dry hair
- Strong shiny and silky hair with regular use of this shampoo
- Moisturizes and nourishes your scalp
- No chemical residue
- Natural and organic ingredients for better result
- Includes essential oils for complete hair nourishment
- Does not include any synthetic additives at all
- Price tag is high
2. Probiotic Sensitive Skin pH Balanced Organic Shampoo for Dry Hair, Dandruff & Itchy Scalp:
Have you tried any probiotics shampoo lately? Do you even know how probiotics formula can help you get strong and healthy hair? Well, if you are looking for natural pH balanced shampoo, organic shampoo that can solve your hair related problems, this is the best ph balancing scalp care shampoo that you have. Apart from being hypoallergenic, it nourishes your hair too; well this should solve quite a few hair related problems of yours. It’s gentle on your scalp and hair and is made out of vegan products; you can expect a nice natural aroma as well. This particular nut shampoo is really helpful in reducing dandruff and itchiness of your scalp as well.
- Provides all essential vitality for your scalp and hair
- All-natural ingredients enriched with important vitamins
- No gluten, paraben or sulfate products included
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable ingredients
- A completely toxin-free product which works gently on your scalp
- This neutral ph shampoo Keeps your air dandruff free and healthy
- Perfect for flaky or itchy skin
- Quite expensive
- Works well only if you have a greasy hair
- Leaves a significant amount of chemical residue on your hair
- Might leave your scalp itchy and dry
3. No-Rinse Shampoo, 16 fl oz – Leaves Hair Fresh, Clean, and Odor-Free:
Do you love camping or hiking? Have you ever felt the necessity of washing your hair while hiking? Well, then you must surely know how difficult it is to get going with this idea since getting enough water will be very much impossible. Well, not anymore! With this No-rinse natural ph shampoo at your disposal, you can easily wash your hair and get them frizz-free and shiny without using any water at all. This formula has no alcohol at all. It cleans your hair, gives a fresh look and it’s completely odor-free.
- You do not have to rinse your hair
- Does not contain alcohol and keeps your scalp hydrated
- Friendly to your hair color even after multiple uses
- Being a ph balanced shampoo it works perfectly on sensitive skin
- Does not have any chemical fragrance instead you can enjoy a pleasant and mild fragrance after every wash
- Bit expensive compared to any normal shampoo
- Spray bottle not included
4. Giovanni 50:50 pH Balanced Hydrating & Clarifying Lightweight Shampoo:
Giovanni presents to you one of the ph balancing scalp care shampoo that you can buy. Mostly when you buy a shampoo you look for the ingredients which will provide the proper nourishment and health to your hair and scalp. This lightweight shampoo does exactly that! Its ingredients are rich in vitamins and vital nutrients which when added to essential oils create the most effective of the shampoos that you can buy. It’s hypoallergenic and provides a nice shine to your hair after every wash. It is one of the best low pH shampoo for color treated hair and provides the necessary hydration to your hair. This pH balanced formula contains aloe vera, rosemary, and other organic ingredients which makes this shampoo a must use for anyone having dry and frizzy hair. It has no sulfate, paraben, or any harsh chemicals either.
- Keeps your hair clean and moisturized
- Protects your hair for pollution and dust
- Includes all organic hydrating extracts which make your hair smooth and frizz-free
- The sulfate-free formula works gently on your scalp and hair
- Color-safe and Eco-friendly
- Price is a bit on the higher side
5. Whamisa Organic Seeds Sub-Acid Hair Shampoo for Dry Scalp Hair:
Have you ever thought about using a shampoo that will not only clean your hair but also heal your scalp and hair? Well, this organic hair shampoo from Whamsia does exactly what you are looking for. With its all-natural ingredients, it promises to be the most effective natural shampoo that you can buy. Whether you have a dry scalp or a frizzy hair, this shampoo can provide you the best possible result from the very first wash. With regular use, you can expect strong and healthy hair and improved scalp as well. With the presence of aloe vera extract, essential oils, and barley seeds it can prove to be the best pH balancing scalp care shampoo that can heal your scalp faster than ever.
- No toxin, silicone or preservatives
- Perfectly pH balanced formula for a healthy hair
- Gentle on your sensitive scalp
- Rich in nutrients and anti-oxidants
- Provides required hydration for your scalp
- In case your hair is extremely dry, this particular shampoo might not work effectively
6. dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse shampoo:
Natural oils are essential for healthy hair and scalp. Most shampoos clean your hair but they also take away the all-important natural oils, which most causes dryness and itchiness. DPHUE brings you the perfect ACV formula for nourished and healthy hair. With regular use of this Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo, you will be able to get back all the shine and softness of your hair. Since ACV is anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial, it can treat your dry and itchy scalp with better effect. With added aloe vera and lavender extract, you can always expect a gentle effect on your scalp. If you love having colorful hairs, it’s not an issue with DPHUE. It is a best low pH shampoos for color-treated hair. Additionally, the presence of vitamins and other essential oils can certainly help you to have strong and silky hair.
- Heals your scalp like no other shampoo
- Keeps dandruff away
- Soothing to your itchy scalp
- Makes your hair healthy, silky and shiny
- Somewhat water-based
- Can irritate your eyes
- You need to use a lot of shampoos in case you have long hair
- Expensive compared to the quantity that you get
7. Sebamed Everyday Shampoo for All Hair Types and Sensitive Scalp (pH 5.5):
If you are tired of using regular shampoo and having trouble with your dull and dry hair, then it’s time that you switch to Sebamed Everyday Shampoo. It’s formulated to help you regain the health, shine, and volume that you have lost over the years. You can use it even if you have a sensitive scalp and most importantly it does not strip any of the essential oils from your scalp. Even with regular washes, you will never feel any irritation or oiliness whatsoever. It’s designed to maintain your hair low pH shampoo value which means you can easily use it for any type of hair and scalp. This particular ph balancing scalp care shampoo has no paraben or any other harsh chemical that can cause harm to your scalp or hair.
- All the ingredients are organic
- Dermatologists recommend this shampoo for men and women
- Mild, hypoallergenic formula
- Cleans your scalp and hair efficiently
- Hydrates your hair and moisturizes your scalp
- Affordable price
- With regular use, you can expect to add shine and volume to your hair
- You might not like the scent of it
8. Suave Professionals 2 in 1 Plus Shampoo and Conditioner:
Suave Professionals brings to you a pH balanced 2-in-1 formula for your hair. It’s a complete package and provides you the solution for conditioner and shampoo needs. You can notice zero residues after every use. It makes your hair manageable, soft, and shiny. It’s a perfect formula that allows you to have a salon-like experience while you are at home. With regular use, you can expect to have a nice, healthy, and strong hair. Apart from that, this pH balanced shampoo and conditioner can also reduce split ends and breakage of your hair. This shampoo can also help you to have a dandruff-free scalp.
- Completely affordable.
- Works efficiently for those having a sensitive scalp.
- Quick result with regular use.
- Might make your hair dry a bit.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar & Biotin Shampoo & Conditioner:
Vita A to Zee brings to you one of the best quality 2-in-1 shampoo & conditioner. This shampoo is formulated with a combination of biotin and ACV. It includes all organic compounds that work efficiently to provide you healthy and strong hair. It has been formulated to restore your pH balance and clears out any excess oil, or bacteria, or dirt or dandruff from your scalp. Biotin helps in improving hair elasticity and growth resulting in strong and healthy hair. One of its ingredients is aloe vera which boosts your hair growth and keeps them hydrated and silky as well. The presence of avocado and saw palmetto in this professional pH balanced shampoo helps in reducing hair loss as well.
- This pH-balanced formula is designed to provide proper hair strength
- Effective in stimulating hair growth
- Improves your blood flow
- It’s all organic ingredients fight to keep bacteria away from your scalp and hair
- In case you have fine hair, it might not work properly
10. Medline Soothe & Cool Shampoo and Body Wash:
If you are looking for a shampoo that will not only clean your hair but also provide conditioning, then you can try this body wash cum shampoo from Medline. It’s a pH-balanced formula that you can use every day and clean your hair gently. It’s not only easy to use but also easy to rinse as well. Being made out of herbal ingredients you can always have a nice herbal scent instead of chemical odor. The presence of aloe vera makes it one of the best pH balanced shampoo to use as a body wash and shampoo.
- Completely latex-free formula
- Herbal scent
- Effective herbal ingredients like Canadian willowherb is used
- Perfect to use at home
- Makes your hair manageable and soft
- Simple to use and wash
- Works well for sensitive scalp
- Not much lather
If you have read this far, I understand that you are seriously interested in pH-balanced shampoos. It’s just a leap of faith now. But believe me, change is what you need. A change for the better! So, do not hesitate. Buy yourself a ph balanced shampoo today.
You May Also Like to Read: